Sunday, September 30, 2007

...from world's, this morning

In addition to to Tyler Farrar, the team will use a recent Vuelta stage winner in the escapes. "For escapes I think we will have Jason [McCartney]. And Bobby [Julich]. We have a great team and hopefully we can build on this, and do more stuff in the future." ...

Jason McCartney added that he will need some time to get his legs up to full revs. "I don't know, I need a while to get my engine warmed up; we will have to see what happens," said the American. He reckoned the race will be harder to read because it is a one day versus a three-week affair. "It is touch and go, you never know how you are going to go in a one day event, whereas in a stage race you really get a feel of your body. We have a super motivated team, I think that is exciting and it is kind of a first for us for a while," he confirmed the team's backing of Hincapie. "It has been nice together [with team USA]. We have been going out to dinner together as a group. It is a good time."

He is closer to signing a contract for 2008. "I think I have something in the works. Yes, a ProTour team. Yes, in Europe. That is all I can say."

No comments: