Wednesday, October 17, 2007

jason mccartney news

Jason McCartney Signs with Team CSC
American rider Jason McCartney will be joining Team CSC from next season. The 34-year-old rider has signed a two-year contract with the team. McCartney has been with Discovery Channel for the last three seasons and this year he has won a stage in Vuelta a EspaƱa as well as an overall third place in Amgen Tour of California. ”I've always been drawn to Team CSC's way of doing things and everyone in the peloton is aware that it's an extremely well organized team. I'm very much a team player myself and look forward to becoming a part of Team CSC. It's a very international team and I think I'll fit in well with my future colleagues. As far as my role on the team goes I first of all see myself as being able to help in the stage races and at the same time maybe make some results of my own if the opportunity should come along,” comments Jason McCartney.”Jason's profile fits perfectly with the team. He has a lot of experience as a rider and he'll be a major asset to us in the big stage races. He's already impressed with his results this year and it's no big secret that we've had our eye on him for quite some time now. Apart from being an all-round rider he also has a personality, which would fit in really well with the rest of the team. We consider a number of different factors when recruiting and in Jason's case I think it's safe to say we've made the right decision on all levels,” says Bjarne Riis.

No comments: