Wednesday, August 06, 2008

public service time, boys and girls

i've taken a fair amount of guff--some good-natured ribbing, but some of it from true assholes [remember griffin tri-guy from last year?]--over the years because i choose not to wear a helmet when i ride my bicycle, unless forced to in races.
when folks ask me "where's your helmet, mostly reverend?" i almost always reply "at home, in a box on a shelf." and it's true. in my bedroom, like three feet from where i write these sermonettes, is a shelf with about, hell, i bet about nine or ten bike helmets, and a couple matching silver motorcycle helmets [true shortbussers will remember the silver cannonball from years ago]. what the hell does this mean? well, watch this video, and when alexyss k. tylor declares that "dick will make you slap somebody," you'll know why. and if you're smart, YOU'LL start keeping a bunch of cycling helmets in YOUR bedroom, too.
but watch this carefully, and learn...
you'll thank me next time YOU get slapped.

3 comments:

Steve Fuller said...

Must be a new air freshner in the Orphanage. That, or you need a new CO alarm. I'd like my 7:30 back now please.

Steve Fuller said...

12 hours later and I finally figured this one out. Time to bring my specialized helmet up from the basement and put it on the nightstand.

the mostly reverend said...

yup. perhaps you need an oxygen tank, too.