Monday, December 04, 2006

today's sermonette
An elderly man in North Carolina had owned a large farm for several years. He had a large pond in the back, fixed up nice: picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some apple and peach trees. The pond was properly shaped and fixed up for swimming when it was built. One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there for awhile, and look it over. He grabbed a five gallon bucket to bring back some fruit.
As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee.
As he came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond. He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end. One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!" The old man frowned, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of the pond naked." Holding the bucket up he said, "I'm here to feed the alligator."
Moral: Old men can still think fast. [you young punks need to take notes.]
my source is on a roll today: it's time to post this fella, with the following discalimer: while the mostly reverend is aware of, and sympathetic to, the many types and forms of inspiration and guidance that motivates and fills the hearts of clerics everywhere, the mostly reverend himself does NOT feel that such expressions and emanations from him are NOT holy or divine in nature.
however, i DO wholly endorse the expressions of this man, who bares his soul for nearly 15 seconds of fame. truly an inspired person, on a mission from god, and i hope his wings carry him quickly and safely away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your point, I've heard a similar theory, but it mostly relates to they hay and a barn. Currently, I'm bailing as much of they hay into my barn as I can. The beauty is as I look around at the start line this spring, I'll know I have the most they hay in my barns.

You feel me on this?

the mostly reverend said...

well, not literally, g man. but yes, in a sense, i can feel you, AND your hay loft!

stay healthy, dude.